DNA | Mar 30, 2013, 04:55AM IST
Indore: The school education department is all set to start the second round of admission under the Right to Education (RTE) Act next month.
The first round of admissions under RTE act were completed in February after which the second round for waiting list and new students were put on hold.
The school education department has announced that the admission in second round will be completed by April 25.
"Application forms will be available till April 20 and lucky draw will be taken out in schools on April 25," said joint director school education S B Singh.
Last year, admission for the waiting list students was completed soon after the main lucky draw but this year it took the department almost two months to hold the new round.
Singh said that the second round could not be held due to the ongoing examinations.
However, sources in school education department claimed that the process had to be delayed since the district officials did not provide the details of ward and admitted students to the department.
The department had asked district officials to send the details of neighbouring wards and students admitted in various schools in the first round till March 3.
However, many districts including Indore violated the deadline and the department has now asked them to submit it by March 29.
Less than 2,000 students were admitted in private schools of Indore under the RTE act in the first round of admission in February.